Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Incredibles 2


You may have noticed that I haven't posted my thoughts on Incredibles 2 yet. Honestly, it's because I'm still thinking about the experience. 

(VERY MINOR SPOILERS BELOW)

I *think* the movie was brilliant. A direct continuation of the original, it continues on with the story from the very moment the first Incredibles ended. And right away I loved how the encounter with the Underminer really surprised me; I didn't expect it to go the way it did.

The rest of the story hits some of the same story beats as the original, but from a different perspective. And I really loved certain elements of the villain storyline, but I won't say more because I don't want to ruin anything if you haven't seen it.

I should also point out that the action scenes were really well done and the animation what you expect from Pixar. The characters are more expressive here, which takes some getting used to, and the look of the film is decidedly more dark, which I really appreciated.

I may post more once I've seen it again. And, yes, I will definitely be seeing it again soon.

No comments: