Sunday, July 01, 2018

Garbage out, garbage in


This weekend, I installed a new garbage disposal in our kitchen.

Here's the old (dead) one.


And here's the new one. 


I ordered the new one from Amazon earlier this week. The installation took some time but was reasonably straightforward and easy. I had a problem getting a couple of parts together, so after getting frustrated, I searched the Internet and found a video that explained the exact problem and how to solve it. Worked like a charm. Thanks Internet!

The new one has a power plug and I was going to take the plug off and hardwire it like the old one. But I decided it was easier to just put in an outlet.

Everything seems to be working and I am suitably proud of myself. We can now, once again, chop garbage up into little bits.

No comments: