Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Health Report - February 2019


And now for some news about my health.

Early in January, I woke up one day and my big left toe hurt. This was odd, but I didn't pay it much notice. Then it happened again and again. That I did notice.

So I scheduled an appointment with the podiatrist I had seen when they were trying to diagnose my foot neuropathy that turned out to be diabetes. I went to see him for the first time in a decade and he immediately diagnosed arthritis. I had an x-ray to confirm it, and yep, arthritis. In my big left toe.

Joy.

He prescribed a daily pill I can take to relieve the foot pain but said I don't have to take it until I feel the need. In the meantime, if it feels too bad, I can take Aleve. He outlined a whole bunch of surgical procedures, but again, said I shouldn't do them until the pain impacted my quality of life. So far, it hasn't, and I haven't even taken any Aleve. So I guess so far, so good?

Once again, I will point out how important it is for people to have access to high quality, affordable healthcare. It's also a LOT cheaper for all of us if everyone has healthcare coverage.

No comments: