Sunday, April 21, 2019

I have something to do this week . . .


I'm a movie fan. Over my life, there have been several, huge, huge, movie premieres that I've awaited with barely contained excitement.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (probably the biggest of my life)
The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi
The Star Wars prequels (that turned out poorly for me)
The Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit movies (also didn't turn out so well)

And now . . .



The Marvel movies have been consistently great and I love the series. They are an incredible achievement, mostly because of incredible casting and a studio commitment to quality. Easily the most consistent movie series of all time.

Carol and I have our tickets for Thursday night at 7:30. It used to be that movies premiered at midnight but now that's bled into the night before. So even though it officially opens on Friday, we'll be able to see it a few hours sooner.

And I can't wait.


No comments: