Thursday, September 21, 2006

Indiana Jones

Now that my daughter, Rachel, is twelve, I have pledged myself to introducing her to some really great movies, movies that I grew up with.

About a month ago we watched "This is Spinal Tap". Then, a couple of weeks ago we watched the Indiana Jones trilogy. I was reminded again that (1) Raiders of the Lost Ark rules, (2) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is way too dark and needs a few breaks in the action, and (3) by the third movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, they just weren't trying any more. For villains, Raiders had Toht, Belloq and a host of Nazis. Temple of Doom had Mola Ram and Thuggee cultists. In the prologue of Last Crusade, who did they have?

Guy Caballero.

Yes, Indiana's nemesis is none other than SCTV Owner and President, Guy Caballero! Come on! Why did they think that would work?


1 comment:

BillR said...

Great movies: I have one word:
AMADEUS.
Watch it. Love it.

Let's see what else do I have on my list to share with my kids...

Time Bandits
Back to the Future
Star Wars
Groundhog Day
M*A*S*H (Donald Sutherland version)
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
My So-Called Life (The entire half a season series)