Monday, September 25, 2006

My Blog

Today is the first day of the rest of my Blog.

Okay, I'm a bit late for the bandwagon, but as of today, I am on the wagon!

There was a time when I was a prolific writer. I've written a number of spec screenplays for movies and some episodic television shows. I enjoy writing for the screen and becoming a screenwriter remains my dream (pipe or otherwise). Unfortunately, the past several years have seen me writing less and less until I've become unsure whether or not I could string two -- um, what's that word that means a lot of words in some order? Oh, yeah, sentences -- sentences together. So, this blog.

My intention is simple; to create an outlet for all the weird, inane, interesting (but mostly uninteresting) thoughts that slog through my head in hopes that through practice, I will find an outlet in writing once again. I hope that some of my thoughts will prove interesting or funny or profound. No promises.

Ipecac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on wanting to improve your writing and doing something about it! One good resource is William Zinsser's "On Writing Well." It just came out in a 30th anniversary edition. This book (unlike some duds on the topic) is actually well written and fun to read. Imagine that.

Ipecac said...

Thanks! I appreciate that.