Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Love Halloween!

Last Friday night, my wife, the kids, two of my daughter's friends, and I took the winding country roads to backwoods Maryland to experience Markoff's Haunted Forest. It's one of the best "haunted houses" in the US (although it's in a woods rather than a house, of course.) There are many fun things to see and do, including the walk through the woods, huge bonfires, and a haunted bus. Frankly, I am rarely as happy as I am just sitting in front of a roaring bonfire on a chilly night with a cup of hot cider. We had a great time and Markoff's will now certainly become an annual event.

There's a great article about the place in today's Washington Post. Be sure to check out the Photo Gallery as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that Halloween is a pagan ritual and, therefore, celebrating Halloween means that you are mocking Christianity. Why do you hate America?