Friday, January 08, 2010

Avatar

The family and I saw Avatar a couple of weeks ago.

I don’t have a lot to add that hasn’t been already said.  The visuals were spectacular, the 3-D the best that’s ever been done (really!), the motion-capture was awesome.  The plot was entirely predictable, there were no surprises, and we’ve seen this story before.  I think it should be seen in 3-D just for the experience, but I don’t think it’s the Star Wars for a new generation, despite that it’s already the second highest grossing movie ever (behind Titanic).  Director James Cameron is amazing.

We went on a late Tuesday night the week of Christmas when the kids had no school because of snow.  That was a mistake as Ben fell asleep during the second half of the movie and now he wants to go see it again! 

At $14 a person for the 3-D version, I’m not anxious to take him back.

No comments: