Resist

Resist

Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscar Thoughts

Most predictable Oscars EVER.

Really.  No surprises at all that I’m aware of.  All the front runners won.  If you bet on the front-runners in the office pool, you cleaned up (unless you split the winnings thirty ways between you and everyone else).

I watched some parts then fast-forwarded through others.  There were some highlights.  Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin were good (by which I mean funny) as co-hosts.  I enjoyed Tina Fey and Robert Downey Jr.’s humorous presentation.  A couple of the speeches were warm and touching.  None that I saw were horrible.  That in itself is a wonder.

All in all, a “meh” event.

3 comments:

Eric Haas said...

All in all, a ‘meh’ event.

That’s pretty much how I feel about all awards events.

ahtitan said...

But what about the lady who Kanye'd her director and took over his acceptance speech! Teh roxxors!!!!11!1!!ONE!!!

Ipecac said...

Yeah, I missed that part when I was fast-forwarding through it. Who knew?