Thursday, February 24, 2011

Approaching the End

Only four and a half more days of my news blackout remain!  On Tuesday morning I can once again wallow in the frustrating, the chaotic, the stupid and the infuriating.  Oh joy.

I’ve had a bit more news leakage; I know something is going on in Libya and I’d guess it has to do with the public uprisings and political change that started in Tunisia and spread to Egypt. Without knowing the particulars, that sounds like a very good thing. But for all I know the actual conditions in the country, and North Africa in general, could be appalling.

I’m half tempted to continue the blackout as my life has definitely been less stressful not knowing about all the crap that’s happening. But I don’t think I will. As I said at the start of this, I value awareness. And the idea that important things are happening that I can neither contemplate nor discuss is not appealing to me.

Onward to the end!

No comments: