Friday, September 07, 2012

The best example of the Peter Principle, ever


When he spoke before the DNC the other night, Senator John Kerry made a Sarah Palin joke, referencing her famous comment about Alaska's proximity to Russia, in order to compare her lack of foreign policy expertise with Romney and Ryan's similar lack.

Which resulted in this reaction from Sarah Palin:
I think he diminished himself by even mentioning my name. How does he even know my name? I mean aren’t these guys supposed to be these big wig elites who don’t waste their time on the little people like me—me representing the average American who, yeah I did say Alaska, in Alaska, you can see Russia from our land base and I was making the point that we are strategically located on the globe and when it comes to transportation corridors and resources that are shared and fought over Alaska and I as the governor had known what I was doing in dealing with some international issues that had to do with our resources that could help secure the nation. So it's funny that he would take a little pot shot like that, but it’s funny he even knows my name.  Link

First, I agree that he diminished himself by mentioning her name but I'm surprised she realizes that.  Otherwise, I'm confused because doesn't she know that she's famous?  What kind of weird reaction is this?  Also, she might call Senator Kerry a "big wig elite" but she says it as if it's a self-applied label that Kerry uses.

There's really only one conclusion.

It seems that Sarah Palin has forgotten that she's a famous attention whore who actually ran as the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate.

Would that we were all so lucky.

No comments: