Monday, January 28, 2013

A (near) perfect evening


Last night, I built a fire and Carol and I caught up on some shows we had DVRed. After we finished, Carol went to do some computer stuff. Ben was up in his room so I had the TV to myself.

I was flipping channels at 9PM and found a Doctor Who special on BBCAmerica, the first episode in a monthly documentary series for the 50th anniversary year of Doctor Who called The Doctors Revisited. This episode traced the career of the First Doctor and had about 40 minutes of interviews with the likes of some of the surviving original cast, David Tenant, Steven Moffat and John Barrowman, followed by a complete Doctor Who serial from 1964, The Aztecs.

So I sat in front of the fire with hot chocolate on a Sunday evening and watched an old school series of Doctor Who I had never seen. It was awesome.

The only thing that marred the evening was that Rachel wasn't watching it with me.

No comments: