Friday, December 13, 2013

Comedy Gold


Below is just one short bit of narration from Police Squad!, probably the funniest show ever to air on network TV. It ran only six episodes on ABC in 1982 but later inspired the very funny Naked Gun movie series.

Det. Frank Drebin: [narration] My name is Sergeant Frank Drebbin, Detective-Lieutenant, Police Squad, a special detail of the police department. There'd been a recent wave of gorgeous fashion models found naked and unconscious in laundromats on the West Side. Unfortunately, I was assigned to investigate holdups of neighborhood credit unions. I was across town doing my laundry when I heard the call on the double killing. It took me twenty minutes to get there. My boss was already on the scene.

Read that sitting at my computer and started laughing out loud.

No comments: