Sunday, April 06, 2014

Rachel (and soon others) in London 5


It's been a long time since I've done an update of Rachel's semester in London. If you follow her blog, you'll be happy to hear that she's actually made it past Day 8, the last post she made. She's realized that she doesn't have time to do a daily blog update, so they come in infrequently and way out of date.

Since I last posted, she's been through Spring Break. Her boyfriend flew in and they spent a week traveling to Dublin and Galway, Ireland, Berlin and Hamburg, Germany and back to London. From all reports they had a great time and saw a lot of cool things. Her class went to Paris a couple of weekends ago and Rachel Skyped me from the top of the Eiffel Tower! This weekend her class traveled to Bath, England, to sightsee.

She's in her final month of her London semester now. And this week, we're joining her! We fly into London on Thursday morning, spend the day, and then take the train with her to Paris. While in Paris, we're going to Paris Disneyland for a day, and of course we'll do a lot of sightseeing. Then it's back to London where we'll spend the following week. It will be the first time Ben's left North America and the first trip to Europe for Carol. I was in Europe an unbelievable 34 years ago when I toured with my church choirs in 1980.

Being something of a Tolkien geek, the first thing I did when I stepped off the airplane onto British soil in 1980 was to recite Frodo's part of the Tom Bombadil rhyme to summon him. Sadly, it didn't work. I'll likely try again on Thursday morning.

No comments: