Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dishonorable Crap


I haven't written about the Bowe Bergdahl POW release yet because I've been completely outraged at the nasty, vicious hatred spewing from conservatives, aimed at someone who volunteered as a young man to serve his country and was captured, tortured and imprisoned for five years. There just are no words for how vile these people are. And all for politics and Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Except there are words. The excerpt below is from John Cole, who served in the Army. (Rough language warning!)
It’s just criminal what is happening here. We really know nothing concrete, yet we’ve seen some news media call for his execution, his father under siege for having a beard, his entire town under assault, and so on. It’s fucking insane. I am as disgusted with some of my veteran friends as I have ever been.
And where do these warpigs think they are going to find their next warm bodies to run through a meat grinder? Small towns like Hailey, Bethany, and every other town like us in the country. You can be damned sure people are going to be thinking twice after watching this reaction to bringing one of ours home. Who the fuck is going to sign up to get blown up in some meatgrinder when you know the Republicans sending you there under a lie aren’t going to fund the medical care you need and will then shit all over you, your family, and your town if it helps their political agenda? 
I used to think that if I had kids, I would want all of them to go into the military. Do a stint in the Air Force or Navy, see the world. Fuck that noise. I’m not having any kids, but I would tell any kid from 17-21 to stay as far away from the military as is humanly possible. If me from 1989 was thinking about the military and watched what has happened the last decade, my attitude would be “Fuck that shit. My shit’s fucked up but I want all my limbs and don’t want my parents being called traitors.” Not to mention, we used to believe in not leaving people behind, even if Sean Hannity didn’t like their dad’s beard. The only possible outcome to military service is negative, these days, unless you are higher level brass.
Exactly right. The "people" crapping all over this boy and his family, making unsubstantiated claims and even issuing death threats are disgusting, immoral assholes.

No comments: