Thursday, July 09, 2015

Cosmos Redux: This time with family


Last spring I had a great, even moving, experience watching Neil deGrasse Tyson's Cosmos. None of my family watched it with me, and I felt that seeing it would really benefit Ben (who's about to enter his senior year in high school). I bought the Blu-Rays when they came out, so a couple of weeks ago I "enticed" Ben to watch them.

Okay, I told him I'd give him $100 if he watched all 13 episodes.

We've watched four episodes so far, and he's not falling asleep or complaining. In fact, he's the one suggesting we watch an episode each night. He did say that he already knew most of the information in the evolution episode, and that actually made me pretty happy. Go Maryland schools!

I'm happy to be rewatching the show, hopeful that Ben will retain some of the science, and hopeful that he might be inspired by the wonderful tales of humanity. But mostly I'm happy to be spending time with Ben.

No comments: