I've made a lot of posts about why I think Donald Trump is not only unprepared to be President of the United States, but absolutely unfit for the office and just a terrible, vindictive, cruel, ignorant, selfish, and assholish person. I've also posted why I think Gary Johnson is a bad choice for progressives who want to "send a message" and not vote for Hillary Clinton.
But if you're looking for some positive reasons to vote FOR Hillary, here you go. (This is obviously a partial list). See the links below to two articles.
- She worked with Ted Kennedy to expand the Children's Health Insurance Program.
- Directed the State Department to “champion a comprehensive human rights agenda” that included protection of LGBT human rights.
- Made the promotion of equality for gay people a core value of U.S. foreign policy.
- Declared that “gay rights are human rights, and human rights are gay rights” to the international community.
- While a member of the U.S. Senate, Hillary sponsored 713 pieces of legislation.
- As one of her first acts in office as Secretary of State, created equal benefits to domestic partners working for the State Department.
- Launched the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, which has 37 countries working to reduce methane emissions.
- Senator Clinton was an original co-sponsor of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
- Worked to increase the military survivor benefit from $12,000 to $100,000, and cosponsored the Support for Injured Service Members Act to extend benefits provided under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Fought to secure funds for medical assessment, referrals and outreach for 9/11 first responders and volunteers.
- Became the most-traveled Secretary of State in history, 112 countries and 956,733 miles -- enough to span the globe more than 38 times.
- Co-Sponsored the PAYCHECK FAIRNESS ACT
- Initiated the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act, protecting abused children and encouraging the adoption of children with special needs.
- As first lady of Arkansas, she instituted cutting-edge early childhood education programs;
- As U.S. first lady, she worked with Congress and succeeded in passing a historic childhood health insurance program;
I am incredibly enthusiastic about voting for Hillary Clinton. Here's why.
If you're a fan of Bernie Sanders, then Hillary Clinton is the obvious choice. Don't throw your vote away on a pointless protest vote for a terrible, right-wing candidate or the anti-science left wing nut. Hillary is a progressive with a long record of helping Americans, especially children. She is smart, caring and will lead America with a conscience.