Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Lego Batman Movie


Carol and I saw The Lego Batman Movie yesterday. While not as good as The Lego Movie, the best animated movie of the past ten years, I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing it again.

I'm not going to summarize the plot because there are some surprises that I don't want to spoil. Yes, there are surprises.

I will say that the movie starts out rather chaotically with an action sequence so busy that it's a little hard to follow what's happening. But once the movie settles down, it's funny, touching and it works. I especially loved Michael Cera's Robin.

I'm looking forward to owning this on Blu-Ray because there is an unbelievable amount of background action going on; this movie probably has the most Easter Eggs of any movie ever produced.

If you're a fan of Batman, you should really love it. And if you're not, you should still find it fun.




No comments: