Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Mind Blown


I have two superpowers. One, the more useful, is my ability to carry a crapton of grocery bags at one time. I am a one man grocery-carrying guy.

My second superpower is the ability to identify actors in different roles. I am really good at noticing, hey, that guy was in an episode of Next Generation twenty-five years ago!, for example.

But man, did I fail hugely on this one. I found this out yesterday and was flabbergasted that I never knew this.

This is Porkins, aka "the fat x-wing pilot with the unfortunately on-the-nose name" aka Red Six in Star Wars: A New Hope.


And this is Porkins' iconic death.


Another classic movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark. At the end of the movie, after Indy has recovered the Ark, the government has taken it and won't tell him where it is. One of the most memed lines in the movie is the government agent's assurance to Dr. Jones that the Ark is being studied by "top men".


Yes, that's actor William Hootkins who also played Porkins.

And finally, closing out the 1980s was another classic movie, Tim Burton's Batman. One of the corrupt policemen in Gotham City, on the take from the mob, is Max Eckhardt.


Yep, Hootkins again. What a great resume.

How did I not know that?



No comments: