Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Please note that I DIDN'T do a basketball bracket


I'm told everyone is doing it, so here's my bracket.

(click to embiggen)


And some comments.

The only movie in the bracket that I haven't seen is The Princess and the Frog, so there's that. But I doubt it would have beaten Lilo and Stitch in any event.

There are two omissions on the Disney side that really hurt their chances in this tournament. The first is the glaring, ridiculous, what-were-they-thinking, omission of Wreck it Ralph. Put that in place of Nightmare Before Christmas or really, several other really good but not my favorite movies, and it would have gone to the final. The other omission is Meet the Robinsons which I love and would have done well.

The Pixar side is rife with structural problems. First, and biggest, is The Incredibles against Wall-E, which knocks what would have been at least a semi-finalist out in the first round. Then I had the impossible choice of Ratatouille versus Inside Out. I settled on Ratatouille because it's not only a great movie but a visual and artistic masterpiece. Inside Out is slightly less so.

And in the end, as much as I loved Moana, this wasn't close. Nothing beats The Incredibles.

Please feel free to opine in the comments.

2 comments:

SJHoneywell said...

In all of these I've seen, you're the only one to get the conclusion right.

None of the "games" matter if you don't end with The Incredibles on the top.

Ipecac said...

Yeah, I knew you'd appreciate that.