Monday, May 10, 2021

I've been shot! (again)

On Friday, Carol and I received our second COVID vaccine shots. In two weeks, we'll be fully protected. It's a relief, of course, but feels kind of surreal.

I get a flu shot every year, and the great thing about that shot (other than its life-saving properties) is how painless it is. For whatever reason, the needle for flu vaccines is very tiny, and the COVID shot is the same. Both Carol and I noted how we didn't even feel the needle. 

Fortunately/Unfortunately, you get confirmation that you were injected not too long after. Both our arms were sore for the rest of the day, even into Saturday. But worse was that on Friday night, a couple of minutes after I climbed into bed, I started shaking uncontrollably, like you do when you have the flu. Nevertheless, I feel asleep quickly and after a fairly restless night, thankfully with no more shaking, I woke up feeling nearly normal, just tired for the rest of the day. By Sunday, we were both close to 100%.

It's a relief that we can think about resuming our normal routine without worrying about a horrible death, but depressing and infuriating that so many Americans are being stupid about a simple thing that will end the pandemic, save lives, and allow us to get back to normal.

If you haven't already, go get your shots.


No comments: