Wednesday, May 17, 2023

An American Truth

I've heard it many times over the past few years.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

It's absolutely true. And happening right now.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis chose a Christian school as his setting for signing bills Wednesday that ban gender affirming care for minors, restricts pronoun use in schools and forces people to use the bathroom corresponding with their sex in some cases.
Stop voting for Republicans fascists.

4 comments:

thevoid99 said...

I'm so glad I don't live in Florida. What a shithole of a state. Ron DeSantis is a wannabe fascist.

ahtitan said...

The problem is that the people who vote for fascism WANT the fascism...until it's aimed at them, of course. Which they don't think will ever happen because white.

Ipecac said...

I'm really torn because I love to visit Florida (Orlando) but don't want to contribute a penny to Desantis' fascism. On the other hand, he's given me an out by picking a fight with Disney, so I don't feel bad about giving them my money. In fact, supporting Disney hurts DeSantis.

SJHoneywell said...

I'm in the same boat. My wife wants to go to Key West for the holidays. I don't want to go to Florida, but Key West is about as anti-Florida Florida as you can get.