Friday, March 08, 2024

And a fun time was had by all (in Gilead)

After Joe Biden's barn-burner of a State of the Union address last night, Alabama Senator Katie Britt gave the Republican "rebuttal".  Why ANYONE willingly takes this job, which RUINS political careers, is beyond me. Alas, it may shock you to learn that Senator Britt did not prove equal to the challenge.

I watched about 30 seconds of Senator Britt before I gave up, because I've already seen enough high school theatre in my life. (Apologies for the comparison, every high school theatre in history.) Since last night, I've seen a few more clips and learned a few things.

From the histrionics, to the Handmaid's Tale garb, to the utter lies, to the fake compassion, her speech was entirely cringey throughout. When it started, my initial reaction was to shout out, "They put her in a kitchen!?!"  Of course they did. They hate women.

Anyway, many people have had very funny takes on the debacle, so I thought I'd point you to some of them.



Go check them out. I wish I was as clever as many of these folk. But at least I'm more clever than anyone involved in the "rebuttal".

2 comments:

thevoid99 said...

I never saw it but I did see SNL version played by Scar-Jo 3:16!

Ipecac said...

Remarkably, the SNL version wasn't that much of a parody!