Monday, October 16, 2006

Freezing My Bum Off

Ahhhhh . . . . We have entered the joyous season of Temperaturverwirrung!

I work in a large, stone, federal building. Every year about this time we go through the same drill. Since autumn weather in DC is unpredictable and the people who operate the building aren't clarivoyant (and really, who is?), they don't know whether to turn on the heat or leave on the air conditioning. Their compromise is to leave the heat off until the dead of winter. This at least makes things easy on them.

For the rest of us, on cold autumn days like today, see the title of this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The owner of the company I work for simply turns off any temperature control from midnight to 5am, which is when I'm there. Hot in the summer, freezing in the winter.

Anonymous said...

You said who is clairvoyant? Well, I happen to think many people are clairvoyant. Clairvoyance is a proven scientific fact, so I think the building managers should be able to predict when the office will be cold.