Monday, May 14, 2007

Limited Imagination

"Look, the polygamy, which was outlawed in our church in the 1800s, that's troubling to me," he said. "I have a great-great grandfather. They were trying to build a generation out there in the desert. And so he took additional wives as he was told to do. And I must admit, I can't imagine anything more awful than polygamy."

Mitt Romney, Republican Presidential Candidate.

Really?

I'm not defending polygamy, but is it truly the worst thing imaginable?

I don't think we should elect anyone with such a poor imagination to lead this country. With no imagination, how will Romney spin failures like Iraq and Katrina into successive election victories? How will he live in a completely alternate reality where reason and evidence have no relevance? Or is that not how it's supposed to be for the President? Frankly, I've forgotten.

(Kudos to me. I avoided the obvious joke that a man who can't imagine anything worse than having multiple partners isn't much of a man. But then again, Romney does mean multiple "wives" which is a whole different thing.)

1 comment:

ahtitan said...

Your last line was NICE.

Sigh...