Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Clueless and Selfish

I was going through my draft blog posts when I found this partial post containing a quote from a woman who attended Glenn Beck's rally on the anniversary of MLK's I Have a Dream speech.  If these attitudes are widespread, no wonder we're in such trouble.
Asked what had inspired her to fly to the capital from Colorado, Andrea Carrasco started with God and ended with light bulbs. 

She came, Carrasco said, to "ask God to restore the country. Our freedom is lost. My freedoms are lost. To be able to preach anywhere we want, to have God in our schools, to drive any kind of car we want and if I want to drive a gas guzzler, I can, if I want to eat a lot of sugar and salt, and I shouldn't be forced to buy medical care."
Carrasco paused, but only briefly. "To be able to burn the kind of light bulb I want," she added. "The list goes on."  Washington Post

No comments: