Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Welcome 112th Congress!

I look forward to your awesome, productive reign in which you spend the next two years working solely to unseat the President and roll-back his accomplishments!

Never mind the horrible unemployment situation, please get right to work on (1) pointless votes to repeal healthcare which cannot succeed, (2) pointless investigations of nontroversys like ACORN and Wikileaks, (3) misdirecting the public as to the cause and solutions to our economic crisis by focusing on deficit reduction and (non-existent) over-regulation, and finally (4) bringing us back to the Constitution by trying to repeal the 14th and 17th Amendments and ignoring 200 years of jurisprudence of the 10th Amendment.

Godspeed, 112th!  Excelsior!

4 comments:

Al Penwasser said...

Don't mean to be provocative nor do I want to engage in a spat, but what accomplishments?

Ipecac said...

Health care reform, financial reg reforms, the stimulus, the START treaty, food regulation reform, extension of unemployment benefits, repeal of DADT, saving the auto industry (to be fair, started under W), start to remove combat brigades from Iraq.

You may not agree with them, but they were accomplishments.

Al Penwasser said...

I don't agree that these were accomplishments in that he dorked them up-the bill is going to eventually come due. Bush certainly did his share of cocking things up, too.
I will certainly give you repeal of DADT as being an accomplishment, though. I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I really thought all the hysterical hand-wringing about homosexuals in the military was ridiculous. I served in the Navy for 27 years and I say, leave them alone, for crying out loud. I couldn't care less who someone chooses as their dancing partner.
Like I said, don't want to be provocative. Let's all just play nice! Thanks for answering my question. :-)

Ipecac said...

Definitely agree about DADT. Might agree with you that many of the bills were "dorked up" but not sure for the same reason. :-)