Sunday, April 01, 2012

April is Weight Loss Month!


First, an assurance:  I'm not going to make this a blog about dieting.  Nevertheless, I need to lose some weight and so I'm going to do it publicly during the month of April.

As of this morning, April 1, 2012, I weigh 174.5 pounds.  I'd like to hit (and keep) my ideal weight of 158 pounds.  I've tried on and off over the years and have gotten within a few pounds, but never actually made it.  And inevitably I gain back to the low 170s.

To keep myself honest, I'm putting my weight each morning in the upper right hand sidebar.  I may also post what I eat during the day, but I haven't decided on that yet.

While my diabetes is kept in check by medication, losing weight will help even more.  It's possible I could even stop taking the medication if I could get my weight and diet in check.  I'll probably also be able to achieve world peace, make more money, and be recruited by Hollywood.

Or maybe my expectations should be a little more realistic.

For now I'll settle for losing the weight.


No comments: