Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Diet Update - April 24, 2012


I’m twenty-four days into my diet and I’ve lost seven pounds.

Over the last week I moved back and forth on the 169-170 line but unless I pig out, I have left 170 behind, hopefully forever. Hooray.

Since my Mom was in town for Rachel’s show, we went out to eat a whole bunch over the past week. I found the calorie counts printed on menus to be a huge benefit in choosing what to order. I hadn’t paid much attention to the calorie numbers before, but I am now, and they give me critical information that makes eating out much easier on my diet. Kudos to the Affordable Care Act for requiring this information from all chains with more than 20 restaurants. Despite some kvetching that such regs don’t change people’s behavior, in my case the information is certainly helping.

1 comment:

ahtitan said...

Good job, man. I have the nutrition info for the restaurants in town bookmarked on my phone. I don't eat without checking it first. Keep it up!