Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flyover!


So yesterday, this happened.  Here's my video of the event.  (I'm having trouble finding a good format under 100MB that doesn't freak out when made full screen.  This will do for now.)



It was cool to be part of this historic flight, to see it live.  In 1986 I was taking off from Dulles Airport on my way to Indianapolis when without any warning the plane taxied right by a space shuttle sitting on the tarmac.  It was shocking and really exciting.  Turns out that it was the Enterprise waiting for room at the Smithsonian.  Eventually Enterprise went to the Smithsonian's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center where it's been on display ever since.  Now the big E is going to New York and Discovery is taking its place.

I was happy to be here for Discovery's arrival.


2 comments:

ahtitan said...

I appreciate the song choice.

Ipecac said...

It seemed natural.