Thursday, April 05, 2012

String 'em up, I say!


Oh, the scandal! This is Steve King (R-Nutjob) at a town hall meeting on Tuesday.
I’m here to tell you I’m a committed carnivore. I like meat. I sit on the Ag Committee and we had a hearing before the Ag Committee when we invited in the president of the Humane Society of the United States, HSUS, President Wayne Pacelle. And we had one or two other witnesses from the anti-meat crowd or anti-animal husbandry crowd. PETA was there and one other animal activist group. So we just asked them, under oath, “are you a vegetarian?” And they confessed they were vegetarians, all of them. Well there they are with an agenda for our diets.
How dare vegetarians have an opinion!

Also, this story isn’t true. Steve King is lying or perhaps that nonsense was not intended to be a factual statement.



No comments: