Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Ben's Chili Bowl


Since it's Spring Break, Carol, Rachel and Ben came downtown today so we could all go to world famous Ben's Chili Bowl.  Ben (my Ben) has been trying to visit restaurants featured on Man v. Food and so was really anxious to go.  I've worked in DC for over twenty years and never been to Ben's.  So, we met up on the Metro and took a short ride northward.

We arrived around 11:10AM and there was already a decent line.  But we didn't wait too long and got a coveted booth right in the main room.  There was plenty of seating in one of the two back rooms if we hadn't.

Click on any picture to embiggen.

Move, you stupid van!


Everyone but Rachel had the Chili half-smoke while Rachel had a regular Chili dog.  I had potato salad with mine.  The chili was spicy and very good, and the half-smoke was perfectly prepared and flavorful.  The potato salad was also great.  Here's my lunch.




As you can see, Ben's Chili Bowl also has a lot of old-fashioned nostalgia appeal.  I love places like this that are seemingly unchanged from decades ago.  Now that I've been there, I plan not to wait another twenty years to go again.

No comments: