Sunday, June 03, 2012

Diet Update - June 3, 2012


When I started this diet on April 1, I had a goal to reach 158 pounds.  I wasn't exactly sure why, but that's the weight I've aspired to over the past decade or so when I first left that weight behind.  158 would be over sixteen pounds lost.  (I just looked it up and for my height, 158 pounds is just underneath a BMI of 25, the line at which you're seen as overweight.  Apparently, that's why.)

I also had a date goal in mind.  I wanted to reach 158 pounds by the time my family arrived for Rachel's graduation on June 1.

When I weighed myself on the morning of June 1, my weight was 157.5 pounds.

I don't know exactly how I happened to reach the weight loss goal by the date target, but there it is.  Going into this weekend, I knew I'd gain a couple of pounds as we ate out with family, but this morning I was 159 so I'm feeling pretty good about.

I have no plans to stop now.  The high 150s is too close to 160 for my taste.  I'm going to try to get down to the low 150s (or lower) so that when I occasionally over-indulge, I won't hit the dreaded 160 again.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty great.

No comments: