Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Diet Update - One year!


Monday, April 1, was the one year anniversary of my diet. On that day in 2012, I weighed in at 174.5 pounds. My goal was to break 160, which I hadn't done in years, and get down to 158 pounds. I did that two months later, on the day Rachel graduated from high school, June 1. My lowest weight was on October 5, when I hit 151 pounds, but I couldn't sustain it and have gained some of the weight back.

As I approached the one year anniversary, I wanted to get down below 155 pounds so I could claim a 20 pound weight loss. On the morning of Saturday, March 30, I was 155 pounds. Unfortunately, that was the day of a friend's daughter's Bat Mitzvah (thanks a LOT 13 year old girl) and the next morning I weighed 157.5. On April 1, I weighed in at 157, 17.5 pounds down from a year before.

I am still watching what I eat and hope to soon be back down in the low 150's. I plan to start jogging again this summer, something I haven't done at since I've lost the weight, and I am sure that will supercharge further weight loss.

I feel healthier and look better. Here's to the next year.

1 comment:

ahtitan said...

Good job! Keep it up.