Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Hemione and Harry is just wrong


Recently, J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, said that she made a mistake in the books by not pairing up Hermione with Harry.
“I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment,” she reportedly says. “That’s how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.”
As a huge fan of the books, I disagree with her assessment and am really glad that the books and movies are done so she can’t change them. If you’re a Potter fan, for a really good analysis of the issue, check out this well-written article by Alyssa Rosenberg. I think her conclusions are spot on.

No comments: