Thursday, September 04, 2014

Unions


I'm not a Union member and I never have been. In fact, I've never really been exposed to unions. There's a federal employee union at my Agency, but it's not for attorney staff (I think). In any event, I've never really had a strong opinion on them one way or another. I think it's obvious that there have been good unions, and some corrupt unions, just like there have been good and corrupt corporations.

However, it seems pretty clear here in 2014 that union power has diminished significantly, that conservatives have been trying to kill unions for decades, they've mostly succeeded, and American workers are worse off.

Here's some evidence on the benefit of unions and the harm in their diminishing.






A powerful voice for labor is a benefit to American workers, the middle class, and works against income inequality.

Tip of the Hat to Dailykos.

No comments: