Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Into the Woods


While we were in Indiana we went to see Into the Woods on Christmas Day. I enjoyed it a great deal. I thought the music was good, the story clever, and the performances great.

There were a few Second Act problems as some storylines were not resolved (looking at you, Rapunzel) and some plot developments seemed unmotivated. Rachel tells me they cut out a couple of songs and changed the story from the stage musical. She didn't like the changes. My family mostly enjoyed it although some thought it too long.

Still, it was a fun movie experience and I'll look forward to seeing it again some time. Too bad the theaters in Elkhart suck. The lighting in the theater was too bright and the projector brightness turned down too low. The result was a dim movie. Another reason to see it again when it's out on video.

No comments: