Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Daily Affirmation - LLAP


If you read this blog, you undoubtedly know that I've always been a big fan of Star Trek. Trek was THE defining show of my youth. And back in the 1970's when I was watching endless reruns, before The Motion Picture came out, it could seem a little lonely, and often felt like there were very few who appreciated the show and the actors who starred in it.

That, of course, has changed over the past thirty years and Star Trek's enduring popularity is undeniable. Still, I've been really touched by the many, many tributes to Leonard Nimoy I've seen since he died last week. Nimoy's (and Spock's) image and quotes have been all over Facebook, Twitter, blogs, the news and on TV.

It's a nice affirmation of the impact that he, his cast-mates, and the show have had on the world, and speaks to the huge appeal of its warm, humanist, optimistic message.


No comments: