Thursday, July 20, 2017

Kids, use this as a cheat sheet in history class!


One of the things that leaders do is inspire us with their wisdom and understanding of the human condition. A knowledge of history is important and good leaders often use history to show where we should go by showing where we've been. And, of course, the ability to communicate directly to people in a relatable, understandable way is key.

(Actual quotes from a New York Times article)

ON TRUMAN:
For the time in office, five months and couple of weeks, I think I’ve done more than anyone else. They may have taken it as more than anyone else, period. But I’m talking about for my time. I heard that Harry Truman was first, and then we beat him.

ON NAPOLEON
:
Well, Napoleon finished a little bit bad. But I asked that. So I asked the president, so what about Napoleon? He said: “No, no, no. What he did was incredible. He designed Paris.” [garbled] The street grid, the way they work, you know, the spokes. He did so many things even beyond. And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

ON HITLER:
Same thing happened to Hitler. Not for that reason, though. Hitler wanted to consolidate. He was all set to walk in. But he wanted to consolidate, and it went and dropped to 35 degrees below zero, and that was the end of that army.
ON KENNEDY AND HIS SO-SO ICH BIN EIN BERLINER SPEECH:
I have had the best reviews on foreign land. So I go to Poland and make a speech. Enemies of mine in the media, enemies of mine are saying it was the greatest speech ever made on foreign soil by a president. I’m saying, man, they cover [garbled]. You saw the reviews I got on that speech. Poland was beautiful and wonderful, and the reception was incredible.
Truly, wisdom has been revealed.

Oh, wait, those are the ravings of a senile grandfather in a sub-standard nursing home.

Oh, wait. NO THEY FUCKING AREN'T.




No comments: