Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The moral of our times


For all those people who expected a pivot to the center, or a growing maturity under the weight of the office, for all those who just couldn't get over Hillary's "emails" and who now regret voting for the current President -- the tale of the Scorpion and the Turtle has been on my mind a lot over the past few months.

A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a turtle to carry him on his back across a river. “Are you mad?” exclaimed the turtle. “You’ll sting me while I’m swimming and I’ll drown.”
“My dear turtle,” laughed the scorpion, “if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?”
“You’re right!” cried the turtle. “Hop on!” The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the river gave the turtle a mighty sting. As they both sank to the bottom, the turtle resignedly said:
“Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there’d be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?”
“It has nothing to do with logic,” the drowning scorpion sadly replied. “It’s just my character.”

In case you didn't get it - Trump is the scorpion and Americans are the turtle.

The End

No comments: