Tuesday, August 15, 2017

What would Indiana Jones do?


Hey, everyone! How's it going? Anything happen today? I wasn't paying attention.





Oh, yeah. The President of the United States put himself firmly on the side of NAZIS.

You're going to read and hear a lot about what happened today, so I'll just respond to a few of the comments made, not by a 22 year old skinhead or an immigrant to Argentina in the mid-1940s, but the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He wasn't supposed to talk to the press, but since he has the self-control of a toddler, he made the mistake of answering some questions when they were shouted to him at Trump Tower.

The first question was why did he wait so long to repudiate the attack by NAZIS in Charlottesville? (Reminder, it took him two days).
I didn't wait long. I didn't wait long. I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement. The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement, but you don't make statements that direct unless you know the fact. It takes a little while to get the facts.
Then later.
When I make a statement, I like to be correct. I want the facts.
DONALD TRUMP wanted to make sure that was he said was correct.


I'll just leave this right here.  Trump's Lies.

And here's the part where he equated NAZIS (and also KKK and White Supremacists) with the people protesting against hate.
I will tell you something. I watched those very closely, much more closely than you people watched it. And you have—you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent. And nobody wants to say that. But I'll say it right now. You had a group—you had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent.
Excellent point. Here's one of those very, very violent anti-racist protestors getting his blood all over the metal poles of those innocent NAZIS.





That's De’Andre Harris, an instructional assistant for special needs kids at the local high school. He was ambushed by the guys who, to be fair, did have a permit.
All those people—excuse me. I've condemned neo-Nazis. I have condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee.
Here's some of those definitely NOT neo-NAZIS protesting the removal of the statue.


But it's not all bad!
Excuse me. You had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.
Here are some of the fine, fine people on the equally bad side.










Aw, they're waving hi to you!

Here's the bottom line. 

If you are comfortable marching alongside a NAZI. You are a NAZI.

And our President is a racist, ignorant, stupid asshole who has done something that no President has done before. He has defended NAZIS.

This will not be forgotten.

PS. Here's the ONLY appropriate response to NAZIS.


No comments: