Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Health Report - March 2018


It's been a while since I've posted one of these.

During the month of February, I visited nearly all my doctors. I went to the dentist, the eye doctor, got my regular blood test, and visited my family doctor.  I also saw a neurologist.

Here are the results of my blood test:
 93 Glucose
122 Total Cholesterol
207 Triglycerides (only number that's out of range)
 54 LDL (bad) Cholesterol
 41 HDL (good) Cholesterol
5.2 A1C

These are some excellent numbers.

The good news from my physician and the eye doctor is that my diabetes is under control. There's no evidence of diabetic eye disease and my blood numbers are great. I did report to my doctor that I've been having somewhat more frequent diabetic neuropathy incidents and I have a numb spot on my thigh. So, that's why I visited the neurologist.

The neurologist was quick to diagnose the numb spot as Meralgia Paresthetica which is probably due to a bit of weight gain and the way I prop my knees up on the seat in front of me so I can sleep on the Metro. I'm working on losing a few pounds and no longer propping up my knees to sleep (which is making me very sad). The numbness should go away over time.

My dental report was also excellent.

So it's all good. If you have insurance, go see your doctors regularly. If you don't have insurance, don't vote for Republicans.

No comments: