Friday, January 25, 2019

It's a Daily Double!


Phew! I thought all Trump Administration officials were out of touch idiots. I guess I was wrong.
President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that the 800,000 federal workers who are facing a second missed paycheck at the end of this week should essentially borrow groceries to get through what has become the longest government shutdown in U.S. history.
“Local people know who they are, when they go for groceries and everything else,” Trump said of federal workers during a meeting on trade at the White House. “And I think… that they will work along. I know banks are working along.”
“And that’s what happens in times like this,” Trump continued. “They know the people, they’ve been dealing with them for years, and they work along.”

You'll excuse me now as I go to Safeway to get my FREE groceries. I'm sure they know I'm good for it.


No comments: