Sunday, April 11, 2021

I've been shot!

On Friday, I got my first vaccination. While my diabetes should have made me eligible weeks ago, Maryland's roll-out has been terrible, moving much more slowly than many states. But now the first part is finally done.

The actual process was excellent. I went to the medical building at my scheduled time, checked in at the door until I was ushered in for a quick interview to check my medical history, and then moved into an adjacent room for the vaccination. Afterwards, I went to another adjacent room where I waited for 15 minutes until I could go. Not counting the 15 minute wait, the entire process took less than 10 minutes. And the actual shot hurt as much as the usual annual flu shot, which is to say not at all.

Cleverly, my next appointment was pre-scheduled for exactly 4 weeks later at the same time. I received the Moderna vaccine, which means a four week wait between shots.

And that's all there was too it.

Get vaccinated for your fellow Americans. And yourself. And your family and friends. There's no excuse.


No comments: