Sunday, June 09, 2013

Missed fun pop time


Yesterday, the family and I were planning to attend the Celebrate Fairfax Festival, an annual event with carnival rides, food and many bands, specifically to see my favorite group, The B-52's. When I checked out the info page earlier this week, the picture of the band showed Fred, Cindy and Kate, but not Keith. Some digging and I discovered that in January, Keith announced that he's no longer touring with the group. He's still in the band, but he's done touring, a decision I can't imagine was easy, but after 30+ years I can fully understand.

Back to yesterday.  About a half hour before we were to leave,  I was checking out the website to get the address and recheck the schedule when I noticed the B-52's weren't mentioned as performing. After some searching, I found this notice linked from the Tickets page:
Celebrate Fairfax, Inc., the 501(c)(3) non-profit producer of the award-winning Celebrate Fairfax! Festival, is disappointed to announce that the B-52s have been forced to cancel their performance for Saturday, June 8th, due to an illness principal band member Cindy Wilson. Cindy’s illness is not life threatening but her doctor has ordered her to take immediate bed rest. All of the band’s immediate upcoming performances have been cancelled.
Rats! We didn't go to the Festival.

So, get well, Cindy. I hope to hear that you're back on your feet and I look forward to seeing the band again soon.

No comments: