Friday, February 10, 2023

Toy Story 5

Disney has announced they're making Toy Story 5.

Had Toy Story not had any sequels, everyone would still see it as a classic with a great ending for these beloved characters.

If Toy Story 2 had been the last, everyone would still see it as a classic with a great ending for these beloved characters.

If Toy Story 3 had been the last, everyone would still see it as a classic with a great ending for these beloved characters.

Toy Story 4's ending didn't reach the same heights as its predecessors, but it was still pretty good and everyone would see it as a great ending for these beloved characters

So now, despite more or less sticking the landing every time, Disney/Pixar is going to roll the dice that they won't give these wonderful characters a bad, unsatisfying ending.

Please, Disney, let this franchise die. Seriously. Make something new.

4 comments:

thevoid99 said...

I really thought the franchise should've ended with the third film though I didn't mind the shorts at all as I thought they were great sequels. The fourth one was good but I have no reasons to revisit as it just reminded of the fact that my dad hours after I saw that film and I almost didn't go see it as I was going to cancel because he was sick.

I am not really looking forward to the fifth film as I just fucking can't stand Tim Allen. I never thought he was funny and he's a fucking cunt.

SJHoneywell said...

There's a part of me that hopes it's great and there's a part of me that hopes it's terrible and they will just let it die.

Ipecac said...

All valid points.

I also enjoyed the shorts and thought that was a fantastic way to continue the characters, if that was something that needed doing. But we didn't need a fourth film and REALLY don't need a fifth.

Ipecac said...

And, yes, Tim Allen is a huge asshole.