Things are so bad with the corrupt, right-wing United States Supreme Court that we have to see it as a huge victory when they make the clearest, most obvious interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment and uphold birthright citizenship.
When this administration is gone, the US needs to clean house, establish term limits for Justices, create clear and enforceable corruption laws, and expand the Court so this bullshit doesn't happen again.
5 comments:
The problem is that the Centrist Dems, and by that I mean essentially the bulk of the Democratic Party, are a right-wing party. We had plenty of opportunities to expand the Court, to codify Roe v. Wade, but it evidently made a lot more sense to fundraise off of those issues than to actually do something.
What we're seeing now is the Democratic establishment fighting harder against their own left wing than they have ever fought against Trump.
Mainline Dems are capitalists at heart. When capitalism is threatened, they revert to fascism to keep it safe, but tell us they are protecting democracy from communism.
I get what you're saying and I agree with some of it, but I'm not sure when over the past 30 years it would have been possible for the Democrats to do those things. You'd need all three branches and they've never had that power for more than a short time. Every time they've approached it, there's always some stupid bullshit that never seems to happen to the Republicans when they're in power.
I also wouldn't characterize the stupid shit coming out of Schumer and Jeffries mouths as that much of a fight against the left. They just suck at fighting altogether.
The Biden Administration should have come out of the gate full bore after Trump on day one. Unfortunately, Biden was too much of an institutionalist who believed in historical comity long after MAGA abandoned it.
"Democrats are full of crap"-Russell Kramer (Jack Lemmon) in "My Fellow Americans"..... In reality, they're pussies. Plus, they hate Socialist-Democrats who have seem to do something that Democrats won't do. Their job as Mandani in NYC is looking like a saint in the NYC despite all of that shit right now with Taylor Swift.... I hate that bitch.
I get your point, but Obama had both the House and Senate for 2 full years. They could have certainly made moves toward codifying Roe v. Wade at least, but did nothing.
As additional proof for my position, everything Reagan did, he did with a Democratic majority in the House.
You may recall that Obama had a filibuster-proof sixty Senators for only about 72 days because Minnesota didn't seat Al Franken for months, and then Ted Kennedy died and was replaced with a Republican.
Regardless, I fully agree with both of you that we need better representatives who will actually fight for progressive policies. I'm encouraged that we seem to be seeing that happening with Democratic Socialists.
In the meantime, the bottom line for me is that we have to get MAGA out of office in any way possible.
Post a Comment