When asked to define "socialism", which MAGA have been trying to make the boogeyman of the moment, Vice President JD Vance whiffed hard.
Yeah, completely wrong. It's not a hard term to define. Socialism is a political system where the means of production - land, resources, and factories - are collectively owned by the state or the people, hopefully for the benefit of all.“Oh man, I—you know, I guess … It’s honestly a hard term to define these days,” Vance stammered. “I think in reality, what it actually means in the American context is that you want to replace American workers with foreign workers and you want boys to play in girls’ sports. That’s what unites the socialists that I see running across the United States of America today.”
Of course, socialism isn't a thing in the United States or something being advocated for by Democrats. Many Democrats identify as Democratic Socialists, which means they support new social programs like universal basic income, universal health care, and free college tuition, under our *democratic* form of government.
The United States already has some socialist programs like Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare and other programs to help those in need. And Democrats generally support these programs and types of reforms, even if they don't identify as Democratic Socialists.
In short, the whole "socialism" scare is bullshit, fear is the only weapon MAGA has, and JD Vance is a moron.
No comments:
Post a Comment